BIM - MEANS BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING
Ideas and rules, that are base of BIM implementation in building design, derive from aircraft industry and space technology. Used in those disciplines proved themselves useful. Terms BIM means building information modeling. Based on the most recent programs and systems, is described as:
- Complex, virtual project information database being three-dimensional building prototype. It allows simulate or apply any design solution before it will be used in real construction processes.
- Clever design project, in which all information is stored in the form of innovative database – 3d model. On real time all information are available to all users, designers and also to Investor. Model contains integrated data related to architectural elements, structural details or installation documentation.
WHAT DO WE GAIN BY IT?
- Shared knowledge, height solution precission, constant access to the database for all users
involved on design processes. That way of working helps team members to understanding the consequences of their own decisions, shows guidelines and extends capabilities.
- Permanent real-time processe of coordination. The possibilities of automatic collisions and errors check and correction before appearance on reality.
- The possibilities to enhance the model of time factor, count and quality schedules.
- Creation construction timetable and manage on construction process means BIM 4D.
Detailed takeoffs, element and material schedule straight from model is BIM 5D.
- IFC file is compatible with design documentation could be used effectively on construction site.
- Restriction of human errors. Accurate and fast design changes, competitive time limits.
NOT ONLY FOR ARCHITECTS?
- Unknown till now, new quality of cooperation between designers and site executive. Information and materials are presented on three-dimensional model (file to factory) or traditional paper documentation.
- New collaboration rules between architects and Investor. One can bring Investor in Virtual walk around the site, realistic visualizations and animations – in any time of design process. Each part of building is available. It creates never-to-be-forgotten advantage to control all design processes.
- Architects, engineers, HVCA designers can cooperate on one 3d model . Changes are updated on real time, almost parallel.
WHY IT IS WORTH?
Commonness of BIM model use is growing rapidly. Simplicity, speed and precision of model making processes, easiness of changes, work simultaneity are only some advantages of three-dimensional design. We sincerely invite for cooperation. Precision of costs, material analysis, building planning during design phase are another advantage. The most important merit is fact that documentation is fully optimized and accordance with construction and installation documentations.
WHEN CONSTRUCTION WORKS ARE FINISHED?
Professionally created building model can be used for property management and sustainable service. It is also perfect basis for further development – expansion and reconstruction.
BIM DEPARTMENT POLAND / RR_ARCHITEKCI use innovative tool – Autodesk Revit software. It allows benefit from all advantages of three-dimensional working method, according to BIM technology. We create future of building design. If you want to know more, please do not hesitate to contact with us.